Who can be tested?
PCR COVID-19 testing is available to all patients; including:
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- All healthcare workers, first responders, and essential workers
- Patients with exposures to COVID-19 (close contact with someone who has COVID-19)
- Exposed patients that live with a family member that is deemed at risk
- If you are not experiencing symptoms, please wait at least 3 days (72 hours) from the time of exposure to be tested. This will provide the most accurate results.
- Students that require a test to return back to school
- Patients requiring a test for travel purposes
Can I be re-tested for Covid-19 after a positive result?
After your body has fought off a COVID-19 infection, the dead viral matter may stay in your body for several weeks. During this time, COVID-19 tests are likely to give false-positive results. Your test may indicate that you have the illness, even though you have recovered and are not contagious. Unfortunately, this means that COVID-19 tests are of limited value in the first several weeks after you have been infected.
Our diagnostic testing is used to determine if you have been recently infected. If you do test positive for COVID-19, testing can stay positive for weeks even though you have recovered and are no longer infected, so we do not recommend re-testing to prove that you have recovered. There is a high incidence of false positives for up to 6 weeks after infection. At Physicians Immediate Care, we will only retest a person that has previously tested positive for COVID-19 at least 6 weeks prior.
What if I have new Covid-19 symptoms?
If you have recovered from a COVID-19 infection but develop new symptoms, talk to your healthcare provider. While some providers may offer retesting for patients with symptoms, at Accurate CTV we find a symptomatic approach to be most effective.
How do I make an appointment for a Covid-19 test?
For a COVID-19 exam and test, please follow the below instructions:
What is the cost of a Covid-19 test?
We will always try to bill your insurance first for the COVID-19 physical exam and the COVID-19 test. So it is expected to be free.
What type of test do you offer?
COVID-19 PCR testing is available and can deliver results in 24hours.